never the same

Tuesday











I watched my best friend take his last breath yesterday.
I watched the light fade from my best friend's eyes.
I felt his heart no longer beating...
As we said our final goodbyes.

That was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through, and one of the toughest decisions we had to make. I was with him all day yesterday + made sure his last meal was a good one: raspberry chocolate ice cream with extra chocolate. Today is the first day in 13 years I haven't been able to say good morning to my sweet pup... things aren't the same in our house today. Oliver has been crying and frantically running around all morning looking for B. It's a rough adjustment for all of us.

You're truly irreplaceable, B.
Finally at peace + forever in our hearts.

Stubborn Love by The Lumineers on Grooveshark

"It's better to feel pain than nothing at all."
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |