southern sun.

Thursday
























This past weekend my mom and I took a little trip to Florida to visit my aunt and get away for a few days. The first thing we did after we landed was grab a bite to eat at a local taco place called Capital Tacos, and let me tell you - hands down THE best tacos of all time. This place needs to start a chain reaction because I'm prepared to go back solely for more tacos... worth it. When we got back to my aunt's, my mom and I laid out for a bit by the pool and I chased some lizards, and maybe got bit by one. We won't talk about it. Later we went out to dinner at a restaurant called Mosquito's... and quickly learned how it got it's name. We met my aunt's fiancé for the first time, and I'm pretty sure I have a new favorite uncle. The guy's awesome.

On Saturday mom and I hit the beach and happened to crash a wedding (check that off the bucket list). That night we went to a quirky place called Ukelele's and had the best crab cake sandwiches ever. They also had a live band, Double Barrel, who covered songs from the 50's to current day country, pop, and rock. We kind of turned into groupies, and when we left, the band walked off the stage, out the door, and into the parking lot with us... while they were still playing. Talk about making us feel guilty for leaving.

Sunday we drove to Homosassa and checked out the Blueberry Festival. There were tents on tents of people selling unique goods of all kinds, and I was extremely upset I didn't have more cash on me.... but I definitely would be broke if I did. Then we checked out the Homosassa State Park Wildlife Refuge and got to see lots of cool animals.... like flamingos. They're my spirit animal. After spending all day under the hot Florida sun, we ordered two large pizzas and called it a day.

All in all it was a lovely trip and it was nice to have a few days off, but it was not. long. enough. And coming home to Chicago cold and snow was just not the most wonderful thing in the world to say the least.
Looking forward to the next adventure - May 10th, hurry up.

Home by Gabrielle Aplin on Grooveshark

*I apologize if this is all over the place/doesn't make sense. I'm sitting in lecture attempting to write this post and take notes simultaneously.
Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |