kale chips.

Saturday






Today I tackled something I've been wanting to make forever: kale chips! I don't know why it took me so long since it's literally the easiest thing you can whip up in the kitchen. Even if you're a lousy cook, it's pretty hard to mess this up.

Kale Chips:
1 bunch organic lacinato kale
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sea salt

- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray (unless you're using non-stick sheets)
- Tear kale off stems and into bite sized pieces
- Drizzle olive oil over kale and mix with sea salt
- Bake 10-15 min or until edges are browned

I made one sheet with plain garlic salt, and another with cayenne pepper since I like a little heat ;) They're a lot better than you think they would be - we've been munching on them all day. I really want to make more using different seasonings.


By the way, that's my handwriting in the first photo. Usually bloggers are able to write on their photos by using a wireless bamboo pad, but I figured out how to do it for free. I wrote on a regular piece of computer paper, scanned it to my computer, uploaded it to Photofiltre, and was able to copy and paste my writing as masks on the photo........pretty darn proud of myself.

If you decide to make the kale chips, leave a comment and let me know how it went!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |